Sat - 24/02/24
Weather
Some rain showers mostly dry.
I went to London to see Peter Kay. I kept packing to a minimum. Small red Tripp suitcase and my backpack. I got the bus from the Wok Inn to the station. The train barrier at Newport restricts passage for advanced ticket travellers until earlier trains have departed. The man at the barrier let me through so I could get a coffee at Platform 4. Train journey was OK. Electric trains serve the route these days. I got the Bakerloo Line & Jubilee Line to North Greenwich where I jumped on a bus at bus stop “A” for two stops to get closer to the hotel. The hotel is OK.
I booked some food (Click and collect) at Five Guys at
the O2 arena for 18:45. This way of doing things meant that I didn’t have to
queue to place an order. However, I still had to wait a long time for my food
to arrive. It was a bit chaotic at the pick-up counter. There was a Deliveroo
man who was worried about the wait time. On the way to the O2 I had started
suffering from stomach cramps. By the time I got my food these cramps were
painful. I took my antibiotics with my food and thankfully the cramps did
eventually subside. I was able to see the last 8 minutes of the Scotland v
England Rugby International on TV screens at Cloud Nine in the shopping area. For
seat access on the O2 stalls floor you have to go up a level by escalator
(lifts are available) and then walk down again from the top of level 1 to the
floor. The show was good. I walked back to the hotel. It is 0.8 miles. I went
to sleep fairly quickly at about midnight.
I snow suspect that the Magnesium supplement is causing my digestion problems. I shall stop taking the supplement immediately.
Saturday 24 December 2024