Mon - 25/03/24

 Monday 25 March 2024

Weather

The weather forecast is light cloud, some light rain dryer later.

 

Today’s Plan Summary

Today I will head for home. Travel to the airport. It is a 15-minute journey from the Holiday Inn to the airport, which comprises a 5-minute walk and a 10-minute bus ride. I shall leave the hotel room at 08:00 to give myself plenty of time. I will get the plane then get the National Exprees coach to arrive in Newport at 13:00. I shall get a taxi home.

 

Wake-up call

I woke up early so I had some tea and coffee and then went back to bed for a short lie-down. I then got up and did a few exercises plus other morning chores such as check my sleep, body battery and e-mails on my iPhone. As usual, I made some tea and coffee and I brushed my teeth

At my desk, plug laptop and Beltron into two faces of a UK multi-socket. Charge the iPhone and laptop and also, when I shower, plug my smartwatch into the Beltron to charge that.

I did an appropriate mix of Claire’s, Cara’s and Angela Copson’s warm up exercises.

Have some more tea and coffee

Do some puzzles.

The weather forecast is light cloud, some light rain dryer later.

 

I left the hotel before 8am and I actually caught the bus that was 30 minutes earlier than the one I was aiming for. I met Jean Thomas and her partner Rob at the airport. We checked our bags two hours before departure. Clearing security was uneventful. There is a café/bar on the higher level of the departures lounge, the loos are on that level too. I had a fruit tea at the café/bar. Downstairs by the departure gates there is a small “Bistro bar”. There is also a small shop. there. The flight left a few minutes early and arrived a few minutes early. Well done Ryanair! I had some time to kill so I had a fruit tea and a coke zero at the Coffee shop at Bristol Airport. I went down to the bus station to get the 13:00 National Express coach to Newport. There was a problem with the coach which needed an engineer visit. They told us to go for a coffee and come back in 45 minutes. I decided to get the Flyer and a train instead. The single ticket was £15.80. All trains to Wales from temple Meads were not running. I went from temple Meads to Parkway. There was a medical incident on a train in the Severn Tunnel. At parkway, I got on a train whose destination was Wales. It had been stuck at parkway for well over an hour. I sat in First Class. Fortunately, we got moving about 30 minutes after I had boarded the train. I got to Newport at 15:15 and got a taxi home (I paid cash). I felt good for not having any alcohol so I was able to make my own food when I got home – I had a tin of lean ham and three fried eggs.

 

What’s Next

 

Tidy up the loose ends, do some washing start preparations for the Lake District & Porto Santo trips.

 

 

Popular posts from this blog

Tue - 31/12/24

Sat - 21/12/24

Sun - 29/12/24