Sat - 23/03/24
The weather forecast was light rain.
Wake-up call
I woke up early but
I had had 5 hours plus sleep. So, I had some tea and coffee and then went back
to bed a dozed some more. I was woken by my alarm at 06:30. So, in between the early
wake up and the second wake-up I did a few chores, like check my sleep, body
battery and e-mails on my iPhone. As usual, I made some tea and coffee and I brushed
my teeth
At my desk, plug
laptop and Beltron into two faces of a UK multi-socket. Charge the iPhone and
laptop and also, when I shower, plug my smartwatch into the Beltron to charge
that.
Do an appropriate
mix of Claire’s, Cara’s and Angela Copson’s warm up exercises.
Have some more tea
and coffee
Do some puzzles.
It is parkrun
day plus the marathon and the 1500 metres finals. I went to the parkrun and did
C25K-W08-R03. C25K - (Week 08 - Run 03). On the Torun parkrun course. The plan:
5-minute’s brisk walk, 28 minutes run and a cool down. After the 28 minutes (33
mins if you include the walking bit) I could see the finish in the distance.
So, I threw caution to the wind
I got a tram
back as soon as I could. I was with Betty Stracey. We walked from Plac Rapackiego
to the arena. I just caught the end of Barrie’s M80 1500 metres race which
started at 10:45. I watched some more 1500s and then headed back to my hotel.
It was raining a bit this afternoon. I went out and bought some gingerbread
gifts and some cheese, ham and UHT cream (12%) for coffee. I had my final meal
in hotel 1231 – a full three course job!
What’s Next
Tomorrow, I head
for Bydgoszcz. I need to pack and leave my hotel by 11:00 and I can’t check in at
the Bydgoszcz Holiday Inn until 15:00 so I might has well take a leisurely
journey. I am thinking of wheeling my case to Plac Św. Katarzyny and then
getting tram and/or bus to Dworzec Główny (Torun). Then a train to Dworzec
Główny (Bydgoszcz) and take tram 9 to the Holiday Inn. Tram 9 passes the main
railway station and passes the hotel after 10 minutes
I can have a
stroll into Bydgoszcz Old Town or just rest/relax at the hotel.