Sun - 17/03/24

 

Sunday 17 March 2024

Weather

Much colder today and the occasional fleeting icy shower too.

I had a good night’s sleep. My plan for today was to walk to the stadium (via the square where they might be selling hot food), and watch the racing. The weather forecast suggested it would be chilly and drizzly. I wore my GBR old style track suit top with my red coat over that. I took my Beanie hat at gloves too. I will keep track of my activities on iPhone Strava app as I can’t charge my phone.

As I left, I decided to get the tram from Plac Św. Katarzyny to the arena. There were some stalls in the square but no hot food, except for little fried potato pancakes. I got the number 6 tram which took me to the new “Bema” tram stop and I walked from there to the arena. At the stadium I had lunch of Pizza Slice and Tomato soup 43.PLN. Later I had coffee (10 PLN cash).  On the way back I got the number 5 tram from Kraszewskiego to Plac Św. Katarzyny.

In between I met Wendy & Stephen, Barrie and Katie, Ken Black, Alan Appleby and others. Kevin Dillon has major heart-related health problems and has been given less than one year to live. Phil Brennan is not here; he is having chemotherapy.  Pat Gallagher is not in the best of health. She is not here; she is awaiting a hip replacement.

The good news is that Ros Tabor won a medal in her 3000 metres. Barrie did the 3000 metres as did Stephen Doxey and Alan Appleby. Alan Roberts is probably here too. Archie and Lynn are both officiating. Andrew Murray is doing the cross country.

When I got back, I went out and did my couch to 5K week 7 run 3. I recorded directly on to the strava app because I do not want to drain my Garmin. I exported the GPX from Strava (web interface) and uploaded it into Garmin Connect (for the record). After the run, I went straight to the hotel restaurant and had my dinner - Three course dinner. Fish Soup, Steak and Panna cotta with pear plus two coke zeros (199 PLN).

I spotted BRAISED GOOSE GIZZARDS with truffle potato puree / caramelized onion / oyster mushroom / nuts in honey / plum in red wine           52,00 PLN on the menu of the restaurant next door.

https://piernicova.pl/karta-menu-en/

Daily Spend

two tram tickets 7.60.

Lunch – Pizza Slice and Tomato soup 43.PLN

Tea with milk 10 PLN

Three course dinner. Fish Soup, Steak and Panna cotta with pear & two Coke Zeros (199 PLN).

 What is next?

The weather forecast suggests it will be chilly tomorrow. If I go anywhere, I shall wear some good layers. GBR old style track suit top with red coat on top. Beanie hat and gloves will be taken too. and drizzly.

Lazy Monday – the plan

 TBD

 

 

Popular posts from this blog

Tue - 31/12/24

Sat - 21/12/24

Sun - 29/12/24