Sun - 24/03/24
Weather
The weather
forecast is light cloud, some light rain dryer later.
I woke up early but
I had had nearly 7 hours of restful sleep. So, I had some tea and coffee and
then went back to bed for a short lie-down. I then got up and did a few
exercises plus other morning chores such as check my sleep, body battery and
e-mails on my iPhone. As usual, I made some tea and coffee and I brushed my
teeth
At my desk, plug
laptop and Beltron into two faces of a UK multi-socket. Charge the iPhone and
laptop and also, when I shower, plug my smartwatch into the Beltron to charge
that.
Do an appropriate
mix of Claire’s, Cara’s and Angela Copson’s warm up exercises.
Have some more tea
and coffee
Do some puzzles.
The weather
forecast is light cloud, some light rain dryer later.
I left for
Bydgoszcz before 11:00 I wheeled my case to Plac Św. Katarzyny and got a tram
to Plac Rapackiego and a 27 to Dworzec Główny (Torun) front entrance. I used
lifts (down and up) to get to the ticket office which centrally situated. I
asked for a ticket to Bydgoszcz Główny This was at 10:49 and the next train,
the 10:52, was already on platform 2. Platform 2 was luckily next to the ticket
office. So, I got the 10:52 Inter City train. to Dworzec Główny (Bydgoszcz) and
arrived there at about 11:25. The train ride cost less than £3.00. I found my
way out to the tram stops. The lifts by the tram stops were not working! I paid
contactless for a paper tram ticket at the machine and took tram 9 to Zbożowy
Rynek which is the closest tram stop to the Holiday Inn. Note that the number
80 Airport Bus also stops at Zbożowy Rynek.
It was not much
later than midday when I arrived at the Holiday Inn. They had a secure bag
store so I left my bags and strolled around Bydgoszcz Old Town. I actually
covered 3 miles in the three hours that I had “to kill”. It was a pleasant walk
really so I can now relax at the hotel. P.S. The WC I found on the edge of the
old town was a mere 1 PLN for the use of the loo. The hotel has a suitable
restaurant (similar to hotel 1231), I shall use it. Settling in at my room just
after 15:00, I have got my screens set up and I’ve had some tea and coffee. I
went to the restaurant for a meal at 17:45. Chicken & Beef broth was nice,
the steak was good, not as good value or ambience as the 4 Pory Roku restaurant
in Toruń.
What’s Next
Tomorrow, I head
for home. The journey plan looks like this:
Travel to the
airport. It is a 15-minute journey from the Holiday Inn to the airport, which
comprises a 5-minute walk and a 10-minute bus ride. I shall leave the hotel
room at 08:00 to give myself plenty of time.
8:23 AM Holiday Inn Bydgoszcz - Walk
about 5min, 240 m
8:27 AM Zbożowy Rynek Take Bus 80 to Port Lotniczy 11 min (5 stops)
8:38 AM Bydgoszcz Ignacy Jan Paderewski
Airport
Flight Bydgoszcz to
Bristol (Ryanair) FR 9504
Dep: Mon 25 March 10:25
Arr: Mon 25 March 11:50
Bus Bristol Airport
to Newport
Dep: Mon 25 March 13:00
Arr: Mon 25 March 14:00