Tue - 19/03/24
Tuesday 19 March 2024
It was going to be a cold morning. I wore my denims and a green V neck polo with my GBR old style track suit top and big red coat on top of that. I also wore a Hi-Viz Beanie hat and gloves.
I briefly saw Archie & Lynn today, they were officiating.
The
men’s over-80s cross country race started at 08:30. As per my plan I left the
hotel at 07:30. I went to Aleja Solidarności and got a tram to Kraszewskiego. From there I walked straight to the
cross-country course. I found a good place to watch on the far side of the
course from the start and was able to cheer on our runners.
Barry, Ken, and Michael won a team gold. Michael also got individual silver.
Ros got a bronze and Betty got gold.
At
09 30 Race 2 featured Stuart Thorpe, Ron Cattle, Alan Appleby and Andrew
Murray, At 10:20 Race 3 featured Wendy Doxey plus some fast Brits. including
Claire Elms (W60 Gold) and Susan McDonald (W55 Silver). I went across to the
arena to see the W55 60 metres heats including Juliet Sidney. Juliet didn’t
have a great race. I stayed to see Kevin Dillon in Race 6 at 12:35. Then I
headed back to the hotel.
So,
I missed, 13:20 Race 7 – Three British including Stephen Doxey, 14:05 Race 8 –
Three British Including Alan Roberts and Paul Parkin and 14:50 Race 9 – M50 X-C
(inc. 3 British). Back at the arena at 15:20 the W80+ 400 metres final featured
Iris Hornsey (Silver medal).
I
got a bus back from Fałata and got off at Plac Rapackiego. After getting off
the bus I bought two tickets from the machine, I think it is useful to have a
couple of spares. When I got back, I relaxed for a while and when the room
cleaners were outside, I went and did Couch 2 5K week 08 Run 01. I shall go and
have my steak and crème Brûlée in a minute.
I
have had contact from the Estate Agents, Charlotte thinks that we need to move
swiftly to secure a sale. I think she is right. I may only get £250,000 to
£255,000 but so be it. I can raise about £70,000 so the Lansdown is still
available to me just!
Two
things that I have learned. (1) 36%
cream is thicker than double cream so it is not great for coffee. (2) The bus
ticket machine which stamps the tickets has an arrow which is illuminated when
the machine is working. Sometimes it is not lit. It must be something to do
with the internet connection dropping out if the machine is not working.
The
weather forecast is for sunny intervals and light winds. It will again be
chilly in the morning but it will be a nice afternoon. The 800 metres is on
tomorrow afternoon the first race at 12:06 features Bruce Hendrie (M75). Peter
Mountain is in the M65 race at 12:38.