Wed - 10/04/24

 Wednesday 10 April 2024

Weather

The weather forecast is unsettled. Plenty of rain.

 

Today’s Plan Summary

As per Lake District outbound journey plan.

 

Wake-up call

I woke up early so I had some tea and coffee and did a few exercises plus other morning chores such as check my sleep, body battery and e-mails on my iPhone. As usual, I made some tea and coffee and I brushed my teeth

At my desk, plug laptop and Beltron into two faces of a UK multi-socket. Charge the iPhone and laptop and also, when I shower, plug my smartwatch into the Beltron to charge that.

I did an appropriate mix of Claire’s, Cara’s and Angela Copson’s warm up exercises.

Have some more tea and coffee. Do the puzzles.

 

What I did today

I finished packing. I had breakfast of bacon egg and mushrooms. The stock market was fairly high this morning (by its poor recent standards) so I sold £20,000 of ISF shares in my AJ Bell ISA ready for my imminent house move.

 

When I was ready to go, I tried to book a taxi but there were none. I rushed gently down the hill at about 09:10 and got a bus from the Wok Inn at 09:37. I walked from Clarence Place to the station. I had a chat to James’s Mum at the bus stop, to Hywel Jones on Newport Bridge and Lucy from the Greyhound nearer to the station.

 

I got a coffee and a Pepsi Max from the coffee shop at Platform four. The 10:07 train to Manchester was on time. I had a tea on the train from the trolley man. We arrived at Manchester Piccadilly on time. I had a very short time to get an earlier connection time. I had to get from platform 11 to platform 14. It was reasonably easy. The train north was delayed for 15 minutes at Manchester airport so I got it easily. It caught up most of the lost time so I arrived at Oxenholme only 5 minutes later than scheduled but an hour earlier than planned. I had a coke zero and a coffee on that train.

 

Lesley and Gerry picked me up and we drove to Low Jock Scar. I met all the family. I was reminded that they play a lot of games and added a couple to my amazon wish list. There was a game in a small hand-held plastic container called xxx pro and Lesley mentioned Mexican train (a variation on dominoes).

 

I avoided alcohol but I did eat pizza.

 

What’s Next

I have a free day at Low Jock Scar, I will see what the others are doing. Paul and Nicky are heading back south at Lunch time.

 

Popular posts from this blog

Tue - 31/12/24

Sat - 21/12/24

Sun - 29/12/24