Tue - 14/05/24

 Tuesday 14 May 2024

(Dry Day: 135, Days Left: 231)

The Porto Santo trip – Travel to Gatwick

Weather

It was a grey day

Today’s Plan

Aim to get to the Wok Inn at 09:30

Catch a bus into town at 09:37(number 6), 09:39 (number 73) or 09:44 (number 8C).

Walk to the station and catch the 10:33 Paddington train to Reading (arrive at 11:45)

Change at Reading for Gatwick airport (11:54 to 13:25).

NB. I have an off-peak return ticket – I could travel an hour later (or more)

Transfer from South terminal to North terminal.

Check in to the hotel (from 15:00).

Meet Trudy off the plane.

Glasgow to London Gatwick - Flight Number EZY864

Departure           18:05 Tue 14th May

Arrival                   19:40

Have some food

What I did yesterday/today

I changed my travel plan slightly, in particular I set out to get a later train so that I would not have to wait so long to check in at the hotel. I used the extra time at home to cook some bacon and sausages. I had strawberries and cream for an early breakfast and I finished an opened bottle of Kefir. I pottered about and packed. I repositioned the new Ring MaisieCam and I subscribed for protect plus to capture all videos from both devices. The cost is £8 a month. I got a Veezu taxi to the station and I caught the 10:56 Paddington train to Reading so I was roughly 30 minutes later than my planned journey. I changed at Reading for Gatwick airport (12:24 to 13:55). The shuttle between North and South terminals only takes a few minutes so I went to the Wetherspoons at the South Terminal and had a large Pepsi Max. When I got to the North Terminal, I still had twenty minutes to spare before the check-in terminals opened up so I had another pint, this time Coke Zero in the bar at the Premier Inn. I checked in at a kiosk and headed up to our room. Later, I met Trudy off the plane and we had a meal deal dinner which gave us a free breakfast tomorrow. Trudy’s flight was Glasgow to London Gatwick - Flight Number EZY864, Departure 18:05 Tue 14th May, Arrival 19:40.

I avoided alcohol (day 134).

What’s Next

Wed: Travel to Funchal, Pay Mandy,

 

May 22 (Wednesday)     Me away – check Mandy & Emmie arrangements

May 24 (Friday)                Endoscopy at the RGH (09:15)

May 28 (Tuesday)            Provisional Daniela (15:00)

May 29 (Wednesday)     Dentist (09:15)

May 29 (Wednesday      Amazon Cardboard Box delivery.

May 29 (Wednesday)     Mandy & Emmie

June 04 (Tuesday)           Allie Bailey – Redgrave Theatre, Bristol

June 10 (Monday)           Will at Haven Holidays

June 15 (Saturday)          Amazon Delivery (Harold book)

June 26 (Wednesday)    Cyndi Lauper

Sept 11 (Wednesday)    Einstürzende Neubauten

Mar 19 (2025)                    Gainesville FL - Comp Dates Sun 23 Mar - Sun 30 Mar

Example 10-minute daily house move jobs.   

Sat 11 May                          new eyelet curtains down and folded

Sun 05 May                        Kitchenware packing (Phase 1).

Sun 28 Apr                          Decluttering Zoe’s stuff

Sat 27 Apr                           Supervise Clearout UK.

Fri 26 Apr                            pack glasses that were in the display cabinet.

 

 

Popular posts from this blog

Tue - 31/12/24

Sat - 21/12/24

Sun - 29/12/24