Wed - 22/05/24

 Wednesday 22 May 2024

(Dry Day: 143, Days Left: 223

The Porto Santo trip – Travel Home

Weather

Partly cloudy, some sunny spells. Quite warm. Maybe 20 C. Weather not so good in the UK. Chillier and possibly some rain.

Today’s Plan

Wed: Travel home.

What I did yesterday/today

Scott suggested that we walk to the airport. It was a mile away and although Google said the route was mostly flat, it was actually mostly uphill, it was a gentle(ish) climb so not too bad. The walk took us less than 25 minutes. The flight left PXO early and took 15 minutes. The wait at Funchal was fine, the easyJet flight was good. I slept for a bit. I parted company with Trudy and Scott at LGW North Terminal. I took the shuttle to the South Terminal and then I got the train home (via Reading). The train journey was a bit tedious this time, more so than the outbound journey last week. The change at Reading was quick enough though, it was a bit chilly on the platform after the warmer weather in Porto Santo. There was a trolley service on the train to Carmarthen so I was able to have a coffee, which was nice. I used the Veezu app to get a taxi home from the front of Newport station. Veezu is a more comfortable option than getting the black cab type taxi from the taxi rank. I had a tin of ham and poached eggs plus frozen fruit and cream when I got home.

 What’s Next

Thu: Unpacking, washing, filing reviewing.

 

Popular posts from this blog

Tue - 31/12/24

Sat - 21/12/24

Sun - 29/12/24