Wed - 14/08/24

 Wednesday 14 August 2024

Gothenburg Blog

Weather

Weather in the UK – Light cloud, gentle breeze

Today’s Plan

Wed: Finish packing. get the Number 20 bus from Gibbs Road Top and the 12 03 Paddington train from NWP. Use the Elizabeth Line to get to Liverpool Street and then get the train to Stansted. Get the shuttle bus from STN bus station (Bay 19) to Stansted (Premier Inn). Have an evening meal and continue on to Gothenburg on Thursday.

What I did yesterday/today

Wed: I finished packing. I got the Number 20 bus from Gibbs Road Top at approx. 11:00 and walked to the station via Wetherspoon’s to have wee. I was aiming for the 12 03 Paddington train from NWP but the previous train, the 11:31 was 20 minutes late so I got that one. I had a coffee and ate the chicken thighs that I had brought with me while I was on the train to Paddington. I used the Elizabeth Line to get to Liverpool Street and the onwards train to Stansted. I took a tumble on an escalator as I was holding my bag in front of me rather than behind me. One to remember! Also, my train ticket seemed to be demagnetised. I must remember to keep magnetic strips away from my magnetic phone case. I had to have a wee at Stansted airport before getting the Premier Inn shuttle bus from STN bus station (Bay 19). The driver preferred cash to card as he was having trouble with his card reader. I met Keith at 18:30 and we had a meal. It was average. I had a mixed grill and a Cheesecake.

What’s Next

Thu: I need to pack my small shoulder bag into my hold case for the flight (Ryanair rules). Maybe survive on room tea and coffee or maybe have an early breakfast. Aim to get to the airport for 07:30. I would need to leave my room at around 07:15. arrive at Gothenburg Landvetter (GOT) at 13:20. I need to get a bus to my hotel. I then have to go to the TIC to get my accreditation pack and check the BMMS team for massage availability and also check the GBR team notice board.

 

Aug 14 (Wednesday)      Travel to Stansted for Gothenburg Trip

Aug 15 (Thursday)           STN to GOT & Hotel Check in. Go to TIC (accreditation) check BMMS.

Aug 16 (Friday)                 BMMS treatment perhaps

Aug 17 (Saturday)            Gothenburg parkrun

Aug 20 (Tuesday)             Gothenburg 6K X-C

Aug 22 (Thursday)           Return from Gothenburg

Aug 23 (Friday)                 Maybe a Rest Day, maybe a circuits day.

Aug 25 (Sunday)               Gothenburg Trip – Comp Dates - TUE 13 AUG - SUN 25 AUG

Aug 26 (Monday)             Pilates

Aug 27 (Tuesday)             Circuits and a training session

Aug 27 (Tuesday)             Massage (Daniela at 15 00)

Aug 29 (Thursday)           Body Conditioning plus an InBody weigh-in.

Aug 29 (Thursday)           A Cara session (see above) and a training session

Sept 09 (Monday)            Endoscopy Three

Sept 11 (Wednesday)    Einstürzende Neubauten

Jan xx (TBA)                        House Move

Mar 19 (Wednesday)     Fly to Gainesville FL (with Virgin Airlines via Atlanta, GA)

Mar 23 (Wednesday)     Gainesville FL – WMACi Competition dates Sun 23 Mar - Sun 30 Mar

Apr 02 (Wednesday)      Gainesville FL – Return Flight (arrive back on Thu 03 Apr)

 

 

Popular posts from this blog

Tue - 31/12/24

Sat - 21/12/24

Sun - 29/12/24