Sat - 17/08/24
Gothenburg Blog
Weather
Should be a nice day. Hopefully a bit cooler
than today.
Today’s Plan
Sat:
Do the parkrun. Maybe go to breakfast a bit early. Leave the hotel at 08:20 to
get the number 5 tram from Berzeliigatan just after 08:30. Maybe see Neil
Sidney.
What
I did yesterday/today
Sat: I did the Skatås
parkrun. I had a decent night’s sleep. I skipped breakfast and just had coffee.
I went to the wrong tram stop! I went to the number 8 tram stop without
thinking and I had to walk up the road to the number 5 tram stop. I saw Katie
on the tram and I saw Neil Sidney when I got to the parkrun start. The run itself went very well. I struggled on
the hills, that was to be expected. I finished in front of Andy Murray but he
is doing the 10K road race tomorrow so he was probably saving something for
that. He was telling me that he has got a replacement heart pacemaker and this
one allows his heart rate to go up a bit more. I think that is cheating! I saw
lots of my chums, Steve Doxey has got quite a bad fracture, he was here on crutches,
Wendy was "park walking" with Betty Stracey. There were approx. 40
Brits who took part plus a few Aussies, some Germans, Polish, etc. etc. and one
really cute puppy which beat me. "Gravity is kind to those who only weigh
three kilos". They had more than double their usual number of runners,
they ran out of finishing tokens at 100! I had an early evening meal this
evening. NB. Buenos Aires is closed on Sunday and Monday, where shall I eat?
What’s Next
Sun: Watch the 10K at 1pm. Maybe watch some 200s at the
main stadium, maybe get a sports massage.
Aug 20 (Tuesday) Gothenburg
6K X-C
Aug 22 (Thursday) Return
from Gothenburg
Aug 23 (Friday) Maybe
a Rest Day, maybe a circuits day.
Aug 25 (Sunday) Gothenburg
Trip – Comp Dates - TUE 13 AUG - SUN 25 AUG
Aug 26 (Monday) Pilates
Aug 27 (Tuesday) Circuits
and a training session
Aug 27 (Tuesday) Massage
(Daniela at 15 00)
Aug 28 (Wednesday) Yoga
Aug 29
(Thursday) Body Conditioning
plus an InBody weigh-in.
Aug 29 (Thursday) A
Cara session (see above) and a training session
Sept 09 (Monday) Endoscopy
Three
Sept 11 (Wednesday) Einstürzende
Neubauten
Jan xx (TBA) House
Move
Mar 19 (Wednesday) Fly
to Gainesville FL (with Virgin Airlines via Atlanta, GA)
Mar 23 (Wednesday) Gainesville
FL – WMACi Competition dates Sun 23 Mar - Sun 30 Mar
Apr 02 (Wednesday) Gainesville
FL – Return Flight (arrive back on Thu 03 Apr)