Sun - 18/08/24

Sunday 18 August 2024

Gothenburg Blog

Weather

It was a day filled with rain showers, one or two quite heavy

Today’s Plan

Sun: Watch the 10K at 1pm. Maybe watch some 200s at the main stadium, maybe get a sports massage.

What I did yesterday/today

Sun: I went to Slottskogen. I checked in with the BMMS team. I went across to watch Neil Sidney in the 10K Road Race. I saw Andrew Dawe first! Then I saw Neil Sidney and then I saw Holly Dawe. I also saw. Wendy & Stephen Doxey & Rebecca and Ani, Sara and Ollie. I also saw Katie and Barrie. I watched the 10K championship race with Barrie and Katie. Rob Sargent & Kevin Dillon were running. I went for my first sport massage treatment with Kay from Newcastle who qualified at USW Treforest. I travelled back to the hotel using the “To Go” app as a guide to the quickest way, but I have not entered my SAR account details into the app so I am still paying for tram tickets with my STAR card using contactless tap-in payments.

I met Barrie and Katie at 6pm at the tourist information center (sic) and we had a meal in a nearby restaurant (the Källarkrogen i Göteborg AB) . The restaurant name translates to “The Basement Pub”. Barrie paid the whole bill.


Popular posts from this blog

Tue - 31/12/24

Sat - 21/12/24

Sun - 29/12/24