Thu - 22/08/24

Thursday 22 August 2024

Gothenburg Blog

Weather

Heavy rain in Gothenburg – Rain arriving in Newport late evening

What I did yesterday/today

Just after 07:00, I had a “whole hog” breakfast of natural yogurt with granola and fruit compote followed by bacon, egg, mini sausages and meals balls, then buttered crispbread with cheese plus tea and coffee. After that, back in my room, I had a little snooze. I checked out of the hotel before the 11:00 deadline and before leaving for the 11:04 airport bus at Berzeliigatan, I had time for a coffee in the hotel lounge. At the airport, I queued at bag drop for about 15 minutes before it opened on time at 11:50. There was a bit of a queue at security and then again at passport control. I had time after passport control to have a coffee and my last cinnamon bun in Sweden. The flight (Ryanair Flight FR 965) departed on time at 13:50 and arrived at Stansted at 14:40 (10 minutes early). Passage through Stansted was reasonably smooth, I wasn’t timing it but I was on the Stansted express at about 15:15, so three hours earlier than planned. Sadly, I was destined to miss the 16:18 train out of Paddington which meant that I either paid in excess of £90 for a single ticket to Newport or I had to wait for the 19:18 train so that I could use my super saver return. I decided to wait. I spent much of the time at Pret a Manger near platform 12. I had their granola pot (contains seed oils) and even worse, a packet of crisps and a pain au raison. Note that there are free toilets near Platform 12. The train was on time. I chatted to a chatty Irish lady called Barbara (a retired teacher from Donegal who lives in Llanelli). I had to go to the loo at Newport station (one platform one). There was three drunk but happy lads on the station and a young female passed out and comatose (presumably from drink) lying on the ground at the station entrance. I got a Veezu cab from the station to home and I had the kettle on by about 21:15.

What’s Next

Fri: Usual tidy up, washing plus trip review

Aug 23 (Friday)                 Maybe a Rest Day, maybe a circuits day.

Aug 25 (Sunday)               LSR from the NISV

Aug 26 (Monday)             Pilates

Aug 27 (Tuesday)             Circuits and a training session

Aug 27 (Tuesday)             Massage (Daniela at 15 00)

Aug 28 (Wednesday)      Yoga

Aug 29 (Thursday)           Body Conditioning plus an InBody weigh-in.

Aug 29 (Thursday)           A Cara session (see above) and a training session book Pilates

Sept 09 (Monday)            Endoscopy Three

Sept 11 (Wednesday)    Einstürzende Neubauten

Jan xx (TBA)                        House Move

Mar 19 (Wednesday)     Fly to Gainesville FL (with Virgin Airlines via Atlanta, GA)

Mar 23 (Wednesday)     Gainesville FL – WMACi Competition dates Sun 23 Mar - Sun 30 Mar

Apr 02 (Wednesday)      Gainesville FL – Return Flight (arrive back on Thu 03 Apr)

 

 


Popular posts from this blog

Tue - 31/12/24

Sat - 21/12/24

Sun - 29/12/24