Tue - 20/08/24

 Tuesday 20 August 2024

Gothenburg Blog

Weather

Sunny with a gentle breeze

Today’s Plan

Tue: 6K cross country day. Get there in time for Barrie’s race start at 09:00. E.g.

07:30     Leave the Hotel

08:15     Arrive at the venue

08:45     Warm Up

09:00     M80 & W70 Race Starts

09:15     Call Room opens

09:35     Call Room closes

10:00     My race start

What I did yesterday/today

Tue: I went to bed early last night and I woke early. So that wasn’t too bad. I went down for breakfast at 7am. I had tea and coffee. I had some natural yogurt and granola with fruit compote. I had three meatballs, three sausages, bacon and scrambled eggs. I finished with a piece of Swedish Multi-Seed Crispbread (“Knäckebröd”) with cheese. I headed for the cross country. I met an 89-year-old Indian gentleman on the tram. I had plenty of time to spare. I needed to visit the loo several times after that big breakfast. When the race started, I tucked in with Rb Sargent. Rob ran the first kilometre very quickly (5 minutes). He paid for it later on as I was ahead of him at the start of the second lap and I pulled away on the third and final lap. I watched more of the racing. I was calling Robert the German “Richard” which he probably didn’t like. I saw Mikael Karllsen. He Is still in the M65 category. I need to determine the name of the vegan runner with purple hair. I went for a sports massage in the afternoon with Kay the young Chiropractor who studied in Cardiff but lives in Morpeth. In the evening, I had a large bacon and cheeseburger from the street café for my dinner and a lemon curd choc ice from the seven eleven.  

 

Popular posts from this blog

Tue - 31/12/24

Sat - 21/12/24

Sun - 29/12/24